Explore the Best Cape Town has to offer in just One weekJoin Gap Year South Africa on an EPIC adventure around South Africa - from Cape Town to Durban and return. Pack your bags, surfboards and walking boots for an adventure full of Hiking, Exploring, Surfing and incredible cultural experiences.
Cape Town TO DRAKENSBERG
6 Days / 24 June – 30 June
Departing early hours of the morning, we will drive through the “Klein Karroo” visiting the beer house in Graaf Reniet and staying our first night at the Owl House in Neiu-Bethesda. Making our way to the Drakensberg, we are taken a back with breathtaking scenic views of Lesotho, a cultural visit to the town of Clarens and wander through the Golden Gate Reserve. Exploring the Drakensberg as we spend our days hiking iconic trails such as the Ampitheathre, Cathedral Peak and God’s Window.
Option to spend a night in Clarens and join Afri-Ski to spend a day skiing the slopes of Lesotho.
DURBAN TO Cape Town
12 Days / 01st – 12th July
Arriving in Durban we defrost in the East Coast Tropics and find some of our first waves of the trip. The long road down the East Coast, offers opportunities to Explore the South Coast for some tropical island style bliss. We then meander into the Traanskei and visit peaceful and pristine Mdumbi. We head through to Coffee Bay for some action, before trekking to the Addo Elephant Park where we will stay the night. From there we brush shoulders with the WSL league Pro Surfers at the Winter Classic event in J-Bay, before heading into Natures Valley. Ofcourse we are going to bungee Jump on on our way home to the glorious Cape Town, via the spectacular Garden Route tour.
- Hike towering peaks in the Drakensberg
- **Ski in Africa – with AfriSki in Lesotho
- Surf Durban
- Explore, dive, hike, surf the Tropical South Coast and the Wild Coast of the Transkei
- Visit one of SA’s biggest National Parks for a Safari
- Surf the Word Famous Right Hand Point Breaks of Jeffreys Bay and watch history being made at the iconic WSL event “J-bay Open”
- Drive the famous Garden Route back to Cape Town.
- ** Skiing is subject to demand and at an additional cost.
Start Your Journey
Your Gap Year in South Africa begins with a simple step
Leave your details below and we will get in touch with you.