COMMISSION WITH CHURCH ON MAIN
WHAT IS COMISSION?
As a church that is focused on Jesus Christ, "Church on Main" have designed this year to help you grow in your knowledge of practical ministry as you become immersed in the day-to-day life of Church on Main (COM).
It is a year to serve, find God’s heart, to sow time and to build the house of God whilst having fun. The programme will run from February to November – with a one month holiday in June – and will consist of weekly team meetings, leadership development, Bible study, department specific work, outreach, mentorship from a COM leader and much more.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM COMISSION?
coMission is ideally suited to those who are looking for a year of personal development in their walk with Christ through a basic, four-pronged approach of personal discipleship, including; growth, practical church service, mission and the discovery and development of your giftings.
The successful candidate will have a heart to serve His kingdom within the local church.
HOW DO I APPLY?
There are a number of simple but important steps to follow in order to complete your application successfully. Applications close 10 December 2018.
STEP ONE: APPLY
– Complete the online application request on the website. You will then receive the downloadable application form in the reply email. Please fill it in and send it back to us at
STEP TWO: PASTORAL LETTER
– Ask your current pastor to write a letter of recommendation of you. They can email the letter directly to with your name, surname and coMission as the subject.
STEP THREE: BURSARY MOTIVATION
– If you will be applying for either of the two bursaries, please write a motivation letter as to why you think you deserve the bursary.
STEP FOUR: INTERVIEW
– Once your completed application has been received, you will be contacted by Church-on-Main to schedule an interview appointment (via Skype or telephonically if you are not from Cape Town).
STEP FIVE: NOTIFICATION
– You will receive notification as to whether your application has been successful or not one week after the interview has taken place.
For more information, please download the information pack here.
This program is not fully inlcusive of board and lodging is best suited to someone who can be living independently in the Wynberg Area - where the program is based.
Basic Registration costs apply - which can be paid directly too Church On Main upon application.
If you are looking for a fully inclusive Gap Year Program then please contact us below for more information on our Christian Ministry Options that are available to you through Gap Year South Africa.